Sent off my final write up for my archives class this morning. 9 pages of “what I did at the archives!” (Seems that spending 70+ hours in a
bar and new BRAND NEW work environment will give you a lot to talk about.)
Unless I somehow managed to fail one of these classes, I’m done with my Masters program. Which all semester long has prompted the question, “So what will you do next?” I don’t mind when people ask – it’s a perfectly reasonable question, and the vast majority of people who have asked have genuinely cared about my grad school career and my general well being.
So, I feel kind of bad that my answer is still the same: Damned if I know. (Unless someone wants to give me buckets of money right now to go to library school. That would answer the question.)
It’s not that I haven’t cared, it’s been more that I just needed to focus on finishing the program in the first place. Now that I’m finished (I think, fingers crossed) I can think about what is next. I’ve come up with a few things so far while thinking about it today. Most are very short term.
– Celebratory enchiladas and a half price Thirsty Thursday margarita at Anita’s. (I might be writing this from one of their tables right now.)
– A nap. (See margarita above.)
– Get caught up on unread comic books. (I have an embarrassingly tall stack waiting to be read, and a author/artist signing Saturday. I’d like to have that particular series done before seeing them.)
– Finish reading Game of Thrones. (There are beers riding on whether or not I can finish it before the show starts again. I’m getting my beers.)
– Get back to non-academic writing.
– Get the other blog that is broken, not so broken.
– Enjoy the holidays.
– See if I can sell some of that non-academic writing.
– Look for a paid position in the DC metro humanities community. Museums, archives, libraries, historic sites, parks, human rights organizations, public education – I’m open to quite a bit.
So, I kind of, sort of have a plan. And the point in the plan right now is to finish this margarita.
It is enough of a plan for today.